Friday, September 20, 2019

5 Skincare Items You Need to Replace Today

5 Skincare Items You Need to Replace Today


Everyone's safer skin care journey is different but here are my
recommendations on where to start:

1. HAND SOAP - I wash my hands 1,000,0001 times a day so the first thing I looked to replacing was our hand soap. Soaps often have synthetic fragrances in them and overly drying and irritating surfactants. 

Replace with - I love Dr. Bronner's Castille Soap ($16). One bottle lasts us over 2 months and we wash our hands a lot! Make sure to dilute with water, to your liking.You can now find this at Target! And BONUS - I use this as body wash too. 

2. BODY LOTION - body lotion sits on your skin for a LONG period of time and covers a lot of your body. If you are using a body lotion with synthetic fragrance ingredients, you may be putting yourself at risk for health issues like allergies, asthma, and hormone disruption. 

Replace with - Beautycounter Melting Body Balm ($42) was a winner of this year's Allure's Best of Beauty Awards. I'm not surprised as it seriously smells like a vacation - yummmmmy! It's the best thing out there for super dry patches of skin.
OR Beautycounter Countermatch Adaptive Body Moisturizer ($39) was also a winner of this year's Allure's Best of Beauty Awards. Made from plum oil and shea butter, it rubs in easily and leaves skin feeling silky smooth! Plus Beautycounter products never contain synthetic fragrances or more than 1,500 questionable chemicals on The Never List. 




3. LIP GLOSS/CHAPSTICK/LIPSTICK - this was a must for me to replace ASAP. I love to be kissing my little girls 100 times a day so I needed something that would be safe on their precious little bodies as well. 

Replace with - Beautycounter Lip Gloss ($29) is all I need to make me feel pretty before heading out the door. Nourishing, silky smooth - I couldn't ask for anything more! 
I also carry Dr. Bronner's Naked Organic Lip Balm ($3)- smooth, easy and no harsh ingredients. 

4. FOUNDATION - make-up foundation is another one that sits on your skin all day long. Foundations often contain emollients and emulsifiers that may be contaminated with known carcinogens. Yikes!

Replace with - Beautycounter Tint Skin Hydrating Foundation ($42) - so much safer to have on all day! The Tint Skin Hydrating Foundation blends so well with your skin so you don't have to change colors as the seasons change. Easily buildable to add more coverage and hydrating as well.

5. FLUIDS - Just drink water people! Water is so good for your skin and for your health. Water helps you flush out toxins and your body needs lots to function properly. So ditch the pop, juice, and whatever else you're drinking, and grab yourself a big tall glass of water!

No comments:

Post a Comment