Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Can Money Make You Happy?



Can Money Make You Happy? I think that it can, if you spend it on the right things.


I was taught growing up that money couldn’t make you happy. Not true.
Money did make us happy. Even though my parents were far from weathly,
the things they choose to spend their money on, made us happy. We
went on vacation every year, even if it was just to a small town here in
Minnesota. We have so many stories from those trips. The memories those
dollars brought us were priceless. Now that I have a family of my own, I
want the same for us. I want to spend our money on experiences together,
creating memories.


This Christmas we visited my in-laws in Mexico and it brought back thoughts
of trips when I was younger. Although, Isabel won’t remember this trip, we
will remember it and we will have pictures and stories to tell her as she grows.






I love spending money on travel and experiences and so glad my husband does
too. It’s a little trickier traveling with a little one but we will continue to do it. The
memories that we are making with every trip we take are priceless. I am so
grateful for the money that pays for these trips. That money makes me very
happy!


Unfortunately, the reason people usually say that money can't make you happy
is because many people try to experience happiness by buying things. I am
guilty too. I think that painting or that dress will make me happy. Happiness
from buying material things is so fleeting.There will be always more and more
things to purchase.


Buying material things drains your wallet and will also drive you crazy. Always
remember, whatever you buy, will need a place in your house…. This drives
me crazy! I will often not buy things just because I hate storing things in our
small house. Thankfully this saves me a lot of money. Anyone else?


I could go on forever about the topic of money but maybe another day. Just
wanted to remind everyone, myself included, to stop buying stuff you don’t
need! Consumerism in America is insane. Instead, spend that money on spending
time with the ones you love. Because memories last much longer than things.

And Just Smile :)

No comments:

Post a Comment